Online Registration is CLOSED!
Click the logo below for registration
“America’s Premier Firefighter Crappie Tournament”
May 3rd, 2023
Lake Shelbyville, Findlay, Illinois
The Champaign Firefighters Local 1260
Shawn Marmion Memorial
Dear Friends, you are once again invited to Lake Shelbyville for the 39th annual Champaign Firefighters Local 1260 “Shawn Marmion Memorial Crappie Tournament”. Since 1982, firefighter crappie fishermen have been enjoying what has become a Central Illinois Springtime Classic.
Registration and payment must be made ONLINE through the registration portal. Day of sign-up's and payment will be accepted at the boat ramp before the tournament starts. There will be a Pre-Tournament steak dinner at Eagle Creek Boat Ramp on May 2nd from 5pm-7pm. Please come enjoy a meal and fellowship.
Minnows will be available the morning of the tournament right at the ramp (limited supply). After a day on the lake, relax and enjoy a great meal and win some great prizes!! I am looking forward to seeing all of you there!! Please see below for new rules for 2023.
Dustin Haake—Tournament Director
For information - 217-714-5969
E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL REGISTRATION QUESTIONS
· Entry Fees- $100.00 per team. $120.00 on tournament day.
· Tournament Start – 8:00 AM
· Late Registration– will be accepted at the main launch area.
· Weigh-in– starts at 2:00 PM, all fish must be turned in by 3:30pm.
· Each Team– Enters their 7 largest Crappie that are 10” or longer.
· Big Fish– Participants must determine their largest fish prior to weigh-in and pin that fish with the pin provided for identification.
· Prizes– Awarded to the top finishers in the Active, Retired, and Guide Divisions
· Traveling trophy– will be presented to the department with the greatest cumulative weight of legal size and number of crappie. A maximum of 6 teams per department is counted towards the traveling trophy.
Web Updates – Check our web-site for updates
Three Divisions: Active, Retired, Guide
- Union, part-time and volunteer firefighters
- Must be retired from a Union AFFI or IAFF fire department
- Whether you are a union, part-time, volunteer or retired firefighter, if the other member in your boat is a fishing guide, you will register for this division.
- If you yourself are a union, part-time, or retired firefighter who is also a fishing guide, you will register for this division
- Your weight total will still be added to the total "Team" weight for your department
· Only two persons per boat – one must be a firefighter. A child 12 or under may accompany a team of two and contribute to the teams 7 fish total.
· Late arrivals must check in at the registration area parking lot.
· All teams will be assigned a number
· No fishing prior to tournament start.
· No fishing in Marina Harbors.
· Boats, live wells and coolers may be checked prior to start.
· No passing of fish between boats.
· Artificial and or live bait may be used.
· Fishing from bank is allowed.
Participation in this tournament requires a mandatory signature on a release of liability form at registration per State of Illinois
Entrants hereby release all participating sponsors of this tournament from any loss of property, bodily injury, or loss of life that may occur while participating in the Shawn Marmion Memorial Crappie Tournament.
Thanks to all our Sponsors!
Page Last Updated: Apr 26, 2023 (15:02:56)